THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 23 December 2009

Christmas - A Time For Forgiveness

Christmas, for most people, is a time for family to get together and celebrate the holidays. It's the perfect time to let go of any grudges you hold against anyone, so you can start the New Year with a clean slate.
I spent most of 2009 not talking to a close family member. My stubborn ways meant I would rather do anything other than apologise or even talk to this person.
However, I knew this needed to change. I have forgiven and accepted this person back into my life, making family gatherings more bearable and less awkward. I have decided I need to quit acting stupid and stubborn, because family is really important and I know if anything had happened, and I hadn't reconciled with her then it would tear me apart inside.
It feels good to know that I can move on from this, and let go of this silly grudge. I can start the New Year feeling happy and refreshed, instead of dragging my problems with me.

"You owe it to yourself to not carry around this baggage of hurt feelings. It only hurts you worse in the long run. " - Kimberly Wyatt

Even though any time of the year is a good time for forgiveness and starting afresh, Christmas has that extra meaning. Christmas is about family. It means the end of the year, where you can leave your problems behind in 2009 and start 2010 on a positive note!

0 comments: