THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday 27 January 2010

Dreams





I had a weird dream last night that has had me thinking all morning. Now, anyone who knows me will know I always have crazy, weird & random dreams. Another fact about my dreams that people tend to point out to me is how vivid they are, and how well I remember them.

I have spoken to quite a few people who swear they don't dream at all, or they forget their dreams as soon as they have properly woken up. It's the opposite for me. I always bore my friends to death with my dreams, and the adventures my mind takes me on when I'm sleeping.

Last night I was dreaming that I was in WHSmith, and I was at the till paying for something when I looked to my side and saw one of my old friends a few feet away from me. Her name is Natalie, we had been friends since we were about 2 years old but I haven't spoken to her in over a year now...Anyway, I kind of looked away from her because I didn't know if I should say hi or anything. Eventually she noticed me at the till and came over. She was smoking a cigarette. She was being over-friendly like "HI, HOW AREEEE YOOUUUU?" and had a kind of smirk on her face. She made me feel quite uneasy. Anyway, then I asked her what she was up to these days. She told me she would be graduating from university next week, which I thought was a bit odd since last I heard she wasn't at uni. Anyway, she was still kind of sneering at me and talking fakely and being too nice. Then all of a sudden she put her cigarette on my back and rubbed it in, burning me, and then she ran away. I put my hand on my back and felt the round-shaped burn mark that had gone right through my skin through my skin, which was extremely painful...

That's all I can remember from the dream... I often wonder what dreams mean, and of course, I wonder what this was meant too (if anything).

Now I tried searching "having a dream where a friend burns you with a cigarette" on Google, but that only brought up articles titled "It's Hard Smoking a Cigarette When You're Pete Burns" and "How To Repair Cigarette Burns In Carpets" ...not helpful, lol.

Anyway, after a bit of searching online, I found a dream dictionary that said this "If you are hurt, you will have enemies who will overcome you" ...which doesn't really help a lot. In fact, it kind of confuses me a bit more. What does it mean "enemies who will overcome you"? What does that mean? As in, they will "succeed" and you will "fail"? Because that doesn't sound too good :/

Another website said this > Injury - You are injured: You may have been offended or emotionally hurt. You inflict injury: Signal that you are doing same to another person.

Which I suppose could be true in that respect as I have been feeling emotionally hurt by one of my so-called friends recently...But I don't know. Why was it Natalie in my dream, and not any of my other friends?

I'll probably never know. Another dream, another unanswered question.

0 comments: